To be honest, I didn't really do much annotating with this book, since there wasn't really much to annotate. It just tells a story of how a failing transcontinental railway company pulls itself out of the gutter due to the genius of a thirty-year old woman and the malicious manipulation of her weaselly brother. Because I don't have much interest in railways and other, the book sort of bored me, since the entire first section I read was entirely about railways and some love affair that wasn't really a love affair to begin with. One question I'd like to ask my Lit. Circle partner would be "Who the hell is John Galt?" since I haven't the slightest idea.
For some odd reason, I feel that this book is meant for a more mature, female audience; since it's filled with that "forbidden romance" or "female superiority" stuff. (Forgive me if I seem judgmental, but it truly does give me this feeling.) I guess there's not much to talk about now... The book was just long and boring to me... Barely any good stuff, maybe because I'm not in it's target audience? I dunno...

No comments:
Post a Comment